The keys to a successful retirement are planning and strategy — both before and during retirement. It’s not enough to chart a course early on and forge ahead, you need to be ready to adjust to life events, fluctuations, and personal needs. Most retired physicians lead full, active lives, but there are risks — personal, health, and financial—that may impact your retirement plan. Finding a trusted source for quality solutions is paramount.
Don’t overlook your insurance coverage. Nothing can sideline retirement plans like unexpected expenses. It’s important to review your insurance portfolio and make sure you have the coverage you need.
Medicare is designed to cover only 80% of your medical costs. The remaining 20% is your financial responsibility. Medicare supplement insurance is designed to help close that gap in Medicare coverage.
Medicare Part D is prescription drug coverage. It is a good idea to review your Medicare Prescription Drug Plan coverage every year to see if your plan covers the medications you need now and may need in the upcoming year. Every Medicare Prescription Drug Plan has a formulary—a list of covered drugs. Formularies vary among plans.
Dental insurance can help you maintain good oral health and avoid costly treatments down the road. The Dental Insurance Plan through MetLife offers individual or family coverage for the most common dental procedures. You’ll enjoy the freedom to see any dentist you want and get competitive group rates on your dental insurance.
AMA Insurance has partnered with Liberty Mutual to offer individual auto and home insurance for physicians. With Liberty Mutual, you will enjoy quality insurance coverage, caring service, competitive rates, and special savings. Insure your car and home and you may qualify for a multi-policy discount.
Our team of Insurance Specialists are available to help you build a portfolio of insurance solutions that meet your unique financial goals. Our specialists are non-commissioned, salaried employees and have no sales quotas to meet. Their sole purpose is to serve you.
During your retirement, your savings is everything. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. You’ve planned and saved. It’s important to work with a trusted advisor to help keep your retirement plan working for you. Through our Physicians Financial Partners Program, you have access to vetted, experienced independent advisors to help you achieve your personal financial goals.
Talk to an Insurance Specialist
8am – 5pm (M-F, CST)
or Contact Us online.
Your work is unique; our insurance should reflect that. As a subsidiary of the American Medical Association (AMA), we tap into the power of over one million physicians to offer you specially negotiated rates and benefits from top insurance companies.